Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death probe won’t be transferred to CBI and the case to be investigated by the Mumbai police only, said Maharashtra Home Miniter Anil Deshmukh on Wednesday.
‘’As a State Home Minister, I would like to say that Mumbai Police is doing the fair investigation in late Sushant Rajput’s case. The case to not be transferred to CBI,’’ Mr. Deshmukh said while speaking to the media outside his office.
A recent development came this week when Bihar police flew from Patna to investigate the case on the grounds of FIR filed by Sushant’s family alleging his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty drove actor to suicide.
Meanwhile, the case made the inroads in the political circles with Lok Janshakti party Chief Chirag Paswan writing to Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackery for a fair investigation.
Earlier this week, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar’s son Parth Pawar also wrote to Home Minister Anil Deshmukh, demanding a CBI probe in the matter.
However, Sushant’s family claimed that Rhea Chakraborty’s involvement in the deterioration of the actor’s mental life and Rs 15 crore being mysteriously siphoned from his account.
Sushant Singh Rajput, 34, found hanging in the Bandra residence in Mumbai on June 14. To date, over 40 people have been summoned by Mumbai Police to record their statements including the actor’s family, his close friends, girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, and filmmakers.